Saturday, March 27, 2010

First day at the Buddhist Youth in Malaysia

On Friday evening, 26th March,2010, My Malaysian friends took me to join the buddhist youth association which aimed on gathering the youths who believe in Buddhist. Very much thanks and appreciation to my both dear friend PEI SONG and STELLA who brought me out and join with the other youths. It's been the nicest day ever for me in Malaysia.:-)
I was told that they have the program every week while on Wednesday,Thursday, Friday, they gather to sing, play sport, and do some activity respectively. At the beginning, we prayed buddhist prayer. It is very similar to buddhist prayer in Cambodia as we all follow buddhist Theravada. But the point is that, in Cambodia, there is no youth association to gather for buddhist purpose as here in Subang, Malaysia. I found this very interesting. After that, we introduced our friends to each other and play a game by recycling the newspaper,bottle.etc. Additionally, they raised up the EARTH HOUR for 27th March that people should try to save electricity and stuffs.
By the way those buddhist youths are so nice and very friendly. I'm happy to join with them and look forward to join a few more times before I return back to my home country..:)

My friend, Pei Song and I
































Stella&My Cambodian friend, Narath;)


















The Buddhist Youths..;)

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting. If you don't mind could you please tell more about how the Buddhist Youths in Malaysia operates their organization (how the organization work) ? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The buddhist youths in Malaysia is operated by a group of youths who follow buddhist theravada.. There is no senior people over there. But when i joined it, there was a young lady who acted as a leader to this program. U wanna operate one in Cambodia? I'll ask for more details when I've got a chance to join next time.. Thanks for asking as well..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much for the promptly reply. I am currently working with a Cambodian monk in Philadelphia. He is from Phnom Penh as well. Over here we have a Khmer Temple which is fellow the Khmer tradition as in Cambodia. Its become a temple and Cambodian Community center for all of Cambodians in Philadelphia. Since it become a main place for Cambodian, they are both youth and the elders are joining together as a strong Cambodian Community here. However, we do not have a Buddhist Youth Association as in Malaysia. We want to open an office in Cambodia in the near future. Therefore, if you can get more information such as By-Law, songs to sing, sport, and daily programs (activities) it will be much appreciated. So we can have a good program for our youth in Cambodia. Thanks again and may peace and happiness be upon you and your beloved one always.

    ReplyDelete