Saturday, July 31, 2010

Trip to Anlong Veng

(July,2010) Recently, I just went to a long trip to Anlong Veng district which locates near the border between Cambodia and Thailand. I have spent 3-4 days there exploring the historical and natural places. It took about 400KM from Phnom Penh to reach that destination. It was an awesome time and good for me to experience and discover the new place where is considered as the historical places. Along the journey, I could see the very nice scenery. Yet, when I arrived Anlong Veng, I found many interesting places and would like to share here.


On the top of Dorng Rek Moutain view



The next day, I went to see Ta Mok's house (One of the leaders during Khmer Rouge or Pol Pot Regime). I also went to see the place where POL POT was cremated with tires in the year 1998 as I remembered.

This is Ta Mok's House (on Top of the Mountain).



Ta Mok's House,
The underground room









































The place where Pol Pot was cremated.


3 comments:

  1. Love your blog!

    I really want to visit Cambodia!

    -Harsh from India

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you alot, Harsh..
    You shall come to visit Cambodia one day... There are many interesting places to visit, u know.

    Kanika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of backpacking from Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh in April/May 2011

    ReplyDelete